Thursday, August 03, 2006

Jump - Start



The F-250 89 model Ford that I have been using at my neighbours ranch this week has for the first time let me down. It was a blessing of God since I got it at a very low cost for the truck it is.

Day before yesterday I gave a friend of mine a ride to the new Walmart in Lindale, and on my way back it died on me. For some reason I think either the Alternator is not charging or the battery is low. When I told the guy I rode with to check and wiggle the battery head, he used a hammer and broke the head in the process. Even ol bronco(truck nicknamed after the former owner) would'nt take it. Like an old mule he wouldn't budge.

Just off the Interstate 20 close to our exit we got stuck. A 97 degree sun showed us no mercy. My friend got more aggrevated since he meant to be somewhere within a given time. I told him to walk to the gas station about a mile ahead and get help. Reminds me of times when my Dad (God bless his heart) made me walk some to get gas. Why didn't he have his tank full always? I guess I now know why.

Anyway, later in my bid to fix the truck, I got some new clamps and some jump cables. I got it started and went for a test drive. Left my jump cables sitting outside the house and drove 5 mls. away and got in the same quandry.
I have been discouraging my dear wife from driving by herself, but I hollered at her and bid her come. There is some dangerous curves and rut's on the country road that I'd taken, but `help', I yelled. We had a lil hubby and wife moment on the phone as I twisted my ankle trying to get help. She decided to come and jump start me by all means.

How glad I was to know that there was somebody coming to help at no cost. Somebody I could reach, somebody I could rely on. Somebody willing to help at all costs.

I believe that God is right there ready to jumpstart us when we are slowed down in the ruts of life. At no cost and with no hussles. He will boost our reason for living.

If there was no God life would be meaningless. But Thank God for Jesus who knew we was stuck in the ruts of life and bowed down to deliver us from the wretchedness of sin. Just holler at Him if you get stuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home