Thursday, April 06, 2006

HOWDY Y'ALL,

Howdy Y’all,

We are together again. My whole family is here, and we are having a ball. I know you wish you had been there, to witness our meeting after the long period of separation.


I paced up and down at the arrival’s gate C-15, where they were supposed to come through at 8:06 p.m. Jim my brother in law was there with me checking to see if we could spot them.


I knew they had left JKA (Nairobi’s main airport), but where were they. We hadn’t communicated in 18 hours. Their itinerary included London Heathrow, Chicago O-Hare, and Dallas DFW.


I stood, sat, paced up and down, wondered over the computer screens, and pestered the attendants. I didn’t like the feeling I had. Millions of butterflies were crawling in my belly.


Eventually I sat down waiting… Jim started asking around; he found out that their flight had come a little bit earlier. Where on earth could they be? We decided to check upstairs one more time at gate 12c.


Just as we got there I caught a glimpse of a young black girl playing around. First I thought it was she, then I thought no it can’t be. She’s so changed, it’s eight the effects of the night might be playing tricks on me. Just then she looked up and our eyes locked. It was Anita (my eldest daughter). Everything came to a standstill for a split second.


Our shouts and screams rent the air and we cared less. We ran towards each other. Mercy joined in the fray shouting excitedly and Samuel did some of his gurgling too and donned a huge smile. We hugged kissed, laughed and chatted all the way to Uncle Jim’s house.


Sorry for the let down, we forgot to take any pictures, or videos. We had our cameras fully loaded and ready but the excitement overwhelmed the occasion. We thought about it a little bit too late.


We did take a few photos in the house though. They were really tired and jet-lagged. I don’t think they’d like you to see them that way.
What counts is that we are all together again and our joy is complete. Praise the Lord with us.


Many thanks to your prayers.

Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home