Thursday, April 06, 2006

IT FEELS GOOD TO BE NAKED


Truth went for a swim in the lake. Lies came and stole his clothes. Your guess is as right as mine, truth came out naked and now we have naked truth.

Not many will embrace her (because she’s still naked), but the few that will enjoy her benefits. Let truth be embraced, sweeter or bitter, naked or otherwise...


You may have had to be away from your family for a reason, a week or two, a month may be. I know the feeling and I bet you didn’t like it either.

“When have you last seen them?” they asked me. It brought me an uneasy feeling every time they asked. Of course I didn’t have an appropriate answer. All I know is that I was away from home and there were many hoops. I have prayed, cried, hoped and waited for a whole one and a half years.


I came to America confident and positive that they would join me soon after. My visa came first and the school I was to attend was due same week. Their paperwork took time to process but I was still hopeful.

When I got here my worldview got revolutionized, the culture shock and all. Some people back home think that when you get to the US everything is served on a silver platter. Hitherto there was no further support from home. I haven’t built enough relationships to garner support in the US.

So far I have dug ruts, worked on sewer tanks, collected trash and recently washed bathrooms. I did these just to make ends meet and ensure that my family got some bread on the table. Being a father with school going kids the road has been rough and tough, but God’s faithfulness has been real to me.

I thank God for the staff and family at the Dayspring Centre who embraced and prayed with me. They were patient with me and encouraged me in all hope. The staff helped me plan my second year, gave me a breakdown on how to raise 10,000 USD enough to cater for my fees balance and my family expenses.

I went to Atlanta with hope of connecting and communicating with the churches I had earlier gone to for outreaches. Without a car and running very low on finances, my plans fell short. I tried to communicate with the churches, sent a bunch of letters and never got any response not even one of them. I stayed there for about a month with no success and headed back to Tyler, Frustrated and disappointed.

“Go home boy, show some responsibility”, said one of the leaders back at the school. "I owe you 4600 $(equivalent to half a million KShs) where can I possibly get that figure from back home?, besides I don’t have a plane ticket. I have not heard God say go."


“Try Harder, we are praying for you” Naomi(my wife) said every time I called. I have wept many days travailed in prayer and the peace of God has ruled my heart in all these things. Everything will be alright.

“What will you send for my birthday Dad”, my eldest daughter had asked. By the grace of God I got air tickets reserved exactly on her birthday. I advised my wife to tell the air hostess to give her the moment of her lifetime.

As I write this now, my family is airborne coming to America. Tomorrow is the big day when I pick them up at the DFW.

I am very excited for sure and can’t wait to meet them. I know it will be more challenging when they get here and I believe God will see me through it all. So far God has been faithful - Ebenezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home